• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD software

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased the DVD version of Adobe Photoshop Elements 20 for my new MacBook Pro, which I would like to use for my creative work without internet.

To my astonishment, I am unable to use the program, because it would not install properly without an internet connection.

I bought this program as a DVD, I could have bought it on the internet, if I had an internet connection.

I have to ask you, why do you sell software on DVD, when one can't use it without an internet connection? In the past I was able to buy software programs such as this for my computer without any internet connection.

Now I bought a basic software program costing almost $100, but I cannot use it directly. Is this a new seller trick?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

We, here in the forums answering questions, are volunteers. We do not work directly for Adobe. I would suggest contacting Customer Support to talk to a Representative to discuss the issue you are having and they will be hapy to help you with the best solution.

Best regards,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop elements 2020 only requires you to connect to the internet one time only to sign in (activate)

after that you never need an internet connection. However, some of the features do require an internet connection to download additional content not included when installed such as graphics, frames, etc.

Adobe did this to keep the intial download size smaller even though you would think they could just include all this extra stuff on a dvd, adobe doesn't for whatever reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe products have been providing Internet-based authentication for 15 years above.
In today now, many operating systems and applications, not just Adobe products, cannot be installed or updated without the Internet.
This is the same for Mac and macOS.
Use of the Internet is sometimes required for maintenance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines