• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DynamicLink Media Server not available

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to drop audio into a new video timeline in Photoshop CC 2018 and I keep receiving this error message: "Could not complete request because the dynamiclink media server is not available."  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling photoshop, restarted computer, and spent 2 hours on chat with adobe letting them try and figure it out with absolutely no resolution.  This worked at school and it worked on a friend's computer, both are photoshop 2017, but it will not work on mine with photoshop 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info and details about your audio file nobody can tell you much. Generally those issues come down to blockages outside of PS like virus scanners locking files or shutting tdown those auxiliary processes, so start by looking there. Same for accessing system audio drivers and al lthat good stuff....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really sure what you are saying here. But let's say, if I am trying to add video to Photoshop in a corporate environment where I have zero local admin capabilities on my system (e.g. Needed to get technical services to install Photoshop) would this suggest that even considering attempting to utilize this feature is a non-starter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the "not helpful" button on here?

There are 19 other people here with the exact same problem, so it seems the issue lies with Adobe, not with the audio file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa B.,

I have a similar issue running Mac High Sierra 10.13.1 and Photoshop CC2018. I didn't have any security/virus software running at the time and I was getting the same error message. I restarted and also ran disk utility and also looked at the activity monitor and didn't see any culprits.

I found the easiest work around until the problem is resolved is to reinstall Photoshop CC2017.5 if it was removed and open your file in this version. Load your audio into the timeline, and save the file. Then return to CC2018 and keep working. It was a quick fix if you are under a tight deadline.

if you find a solution to the cc2018 issue, please post.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teresa B.,

I have an update I just discovered that can solve your issue. I saw it on the Adobe Forum main site. Open your preferences and go under the Performance menu and disable the "Use Graphics processor" option on the right. I just did this change and the audio loaded without an issue.

I just tested it and the file worked fine.

Good luck,

JF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with a video file. Disabling "Use graphics processor" did not help. There were no problems with the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue and disabling the GPU did not help either. Anyone having any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was a firewall. Disabling it helped. Then I deleted all rules connected to Photoshop and dynamiclink server and allowed them all connections

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having a similar problem, but don’t have a firewall. I can’t reinstall cc17 either so could really use some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  No firewall or blockage software, no admin permission problems.  running cc 2018 on a mac fully loaded, ssd etc.  Trying to add audio to a TL vid and keep getting "the DynamicLink Media Server is not available".  Any suggestions other than listed about would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I'm standing also in the line.......I've got the same problem. i turned off the onboard firewall on high sierra und disabled the Graphics processor. but didn't solve the issue. i want to add a mp4 file in my mockup. I hope the problem will be solved soon.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've also tried all the steps listed above and I'm unable to load a video file into photoshop. Every time I try to do so I get a message "Could not place “Tropical.mp4” because the DynamicLink Media Server is not available."

I've also converted it to a .mov file & still the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this? Have the same issue going on all the sudden on ps 2020 macOS Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, since i updated my system to Catalina, suddenly the dynamiclink is not available and i don't know how to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue. 5 hours exhausted and I have blown deadline. I have tried all of the above using latest iMac, Sierra, and PS CC (2018). Additionally I updated the latest media encoder and AE. No love. Personally think the QA lead that approved the test scripts for release features should find another profession.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?! or how did you solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was finally able to fix reinstalling PS 2015. import video. save file. close and reopen PS CC 2018. worked like a charm. and was able to add additional audio / video with no more errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone figured this out?

I have it on Macbook OS Sierra Photoshop CC, tried reinstalling--no luck. No firewall running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see above. install 2015. uninstall 2018. open psd. add audio. save new file. close 2015. reinstall 2018. open file. you should be good to go. that is what worked for me after 5 hours of frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work--CC15 works fine, but in CC18 it still gives me a really long "initializing video import" bar and then the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that is the indicator. Did you restart after reinstalling 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did the whole thing again and restarted after restarted--same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Trying to import video file into photoshop.  It states that it is preparing the smart object, then I get the error message that the file could not be opened because the dynamiclink media server was not available.  Running Windows 10, no admin issues.  Tried disabling firewalls and virus protection.  Tried reinstalling.  No joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these solutions work. Missed my deadline too because of this issue. Adobe, please patch this issue ASAP...I just want to throw a 3 second .MOV or .MP4 or .MKV into PS..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines