Easiest way to replace image?

Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am recently started to use photoshop and i am trying to replace an image from an iphone mockup file. However everytime i changed to content i need to resize the image all over again. Isn't there an easy way to do this? I added some screenshots for make it clear.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bojan Živković | Adobe Community Professional

Are you trying to use different dimensions of images with the same tempate?

If you want to use Smart Objects what is common and good way as suggested by @c.pfaffenbichler then you may need to ensure that all images share same dimensions, resolution and of course aspect ratio to use context menu Replace Contents command from within document. Otherwise you can edit Smart Object as suggested. 

There is also built in functionality to automaticaly fit/fill image image into available space or pixels on layer. Read more on official page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

If you need more help keep asking questions.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Easiest way to replace image?

Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am recently started to use photoshop and i am trying to replace an image from an iphone mockup file. However everytime i changed to content i need to resize the image all over again. Isn't there an easy way to do this? I added some screenshots for make it clear.

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bojan Živković | Adobe Community Professional

If you want to use Smart Objects what is common and good way as suggested by @c.pfaffenbichler then you may need to ensure that all images share same dimensions, resolution and of course aspect ratio to use context menu Replace Contents command from within document. Otherwise you can edit Smart Object as suggested. 

There is also built in functionality to automaticaly fit/fill image image into available space or pixels on layer. Read more on official page https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-data-driven-graphics.html

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is, as so often: 

• Smart Objects 

The Smart Object can be transformed and later its content can be replaced (if the originally placed image and its replacement are identical in size) or new content can be placed within the SO. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 2
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer. I already tried that but still its not adjust itself automaticly. I added some photos to topic too as you can see. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be some misunderstanding. 

• Place an image and convert it to a Smart Object 

• Transform it to fit the perspective 

Then use 

• Layer > Smart Objects > Replace Contents if the new image is the same size 

• or open the Smart Object, place the new image there, save and close it 

to insert new content into the transformed SO. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 2
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 10.25.57.pngScreenshot 2020-11-30 at 10.26.27.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i was using different pixel size images. When i use the same size images it fits perfectly with the right perspective. Is there a way to use it with different size images too?

Thank you all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can open the Smart Object (Layer > Smart Objects > Edit Contents), place the new image in the SO, save and close it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try @JJMack script before anything else. You have suggestion above to edit Smart Object layer then to use File > Place Embedded. Adjust dimensions to fit existing canvas then flatten optionally and save what will return you to main document/template. This can be automated using actions but... It requires images at same aspect ratio in order everything to work perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Batch Populating Mockup scripts can populate Smart object layer in mockup Templates using Replace content if the replacements object are the same Size, aspect ratio and have the same Print resolution as the objects they replace in the templates.  It replacement Image are not the correct size you can use my scripts Edit option. The scripts will edit the replacements into the existing objects.   Still the replacement images should have aspect ration nearly the same aspect ration as the object they will be edited into for good composition and the Object in the template cans not be RAW or Vector Objects.  It it best if the object in the templates are Objects like PSD and PSB objects.   Free Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 2