• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Adobe Stock Template

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im very new to Photoshop and editing so Im just trying to find out if I can edit text on templates that I license off of Adobe Stock. For example, I licensed "Brushed Steel Text Effect" created by Marcel and have tried everything an amateur would try at editing the image. Ive licensed a few others and some would allow me to select the text and change it but I have been unsuccessful at changing any complex text with more than 1 layer or effect on it. Im just trying to make some Logo's for a friends business and would appreciate any help. Thank you

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is usually either a text layer or smart object in a template which is where you edit the template. If you post the expanded layers panel we could probably better tell you what layer you could edit the specific template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is the text actually text or has it been converted to raster? If you are not sure, look in the Layers panel. Text will have a "T" icon on the left and the first few words for the layer name.

• If it is a type layer, double-click the icon with the "T" to select the text and make edits
  • If it is not a type layer, then it cannot be edited

If you are not sure, give the Adobe Stock number and I'll take a look.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out about an hour after my post. What i did was created my own text and then applied the effects to to my own text layer. I still dont have it perfected so i created two of the same text layer and applied one set of effects to one and then another set to the other. Bascially, there is no text in the original template. Its only effects that I'm guessing were applied to text as an image because nothing recognizes it as text. Im starting to see how some of it works. Never wouldve thought it would be this complex. Thank you for your help tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes designers give you samples and then rasterize the text because they can't include the fonts.

You can right-click their layer and copy the effects, then right-click your layer and paste them. It also works to drag-and-drop the effect in the layers panel to move the effects, or to Option (Alt) + Drag to copy them. The second method can be trickier for a beginner, but both work.

Right now you have two identical text layers with different effects, though, and it's better to have one layer with all of the effects. So save your document, then try dragging an effect from one layer to the other and see if it looks the same. Don't drag the word "Effects", as that will get all of the effects on that layer. Drag the individual effects, such as drop shadow, stroke, etc. Choose Edit > Undo if it doesn't work or File > Revert if you saved first.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines