• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EDIT image format that makes it impossible FOR A COMPUTER OR OCR PROGRAM TO read text in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED!

Hi!  Is there any way to create an image with photoshop so that it's nearly impossible FOR A COMPUTER to tell that there's text in the image.  I'm not trying to hide text in the image code, I want to make sure no one can read the text that's overlayed on the image without looking at it...Thanks!

I want people to be able to see the text and read it, just not a computer.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

You can change the bleding mode of the text and play with the opacity setting of the text layer. Please check this more info: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/blending-modes.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!

I guess I wasn't clear though, I'll edit the top post.

Any PERSON should be able to look at it and see the text and read it.  I want a computer or OCR not to be able to read it...

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify the part about "I want to make sure no one can read the text ... on the image without looking at it"?

Does that mean that if they look at it they can read it and if they don't look at it they can't? Or something else?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, never mind. I didn't read your subject line. OCR is easy to do in Acrobat, and you might want to test it there. Here are some ideas:

Convert to outlines first, then try one or more of these:

• Blur the text a little bit
  • Add a filter to make it a little jaggy
  • Draw some partially opaque shapes or lines across parts of the text on a new layer.
  • Split the text in half and move the top half up and to the side (works best with large text)
  • Add in "hidden text": nonsense characters formatted in white and placed in between other letters

Be sure to try the OCR in Acrobat to confirm that it fails.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines