• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

edit the Vectors Smart Objects in the mockup in Photoshop!

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good afternon to everyone,

I´m a beginner on a Multimedia Area. I´m doing some problems. Could anyone support me? I appreciated.

I intend to put my logo in a mockup of a can of an energy drink.

However, there were some small doubts that I specify:

What steps / commands do I have to carry out to edit the Vectors Smart Objects in the mockup that I removed on the Internet for Photoshop?

I send the images of my doubts.

I would be grateful once again for your help in this matter.edit1.jpgedit2.jpg

[Greeting line edited by moderator as per second post of OP]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is an error it means Hello good afternon to everyone and not "Hi Anne"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thread 

Mockup like that one can be automatically  populated with my Photoshop Script "BatchMockupTemplates.jsx" If the smart object in the mock is a Photoshop Object  not a Vector Object.   Photoshop does not have support for vector files.  Therefore my Photoshop scripts not edit vector  smart objects however they can replace vector smart object contents. But not with vector files for scripts can not edit in vector files as  replacement objects. It a Chicken and Egg thing when it come to vector files and Photoshop.   Photoshop can fry the egg and import a raster layer and can even lay an egg or two from shapes. I do not install AI so I not way to create Vector File. The compatibility  issue is not a problem for what I do.

Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Photoshop Layers palette shows is a Raster layer named "Vector Smart Object" what you have in the object is a raster layer.  The mockup Smart object layer object opened in Photoshop  so the smart object layer in the Mockup is not a vector smart object and the Photoshop Object file has a raster image with a name that miss leads you.  Its text is pixel image data you edit the image. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JJMack i appreciet your feedback. Thank you for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As JJMack indicated, everything in Photoshop is raster. The file is named vector but it's a raster smart object. Smart objects are edited by double clicking them. Make the changes you desire and then save and close.

While Photoshop has vector tools such as paths, shape layers, and vector masks, the only way they can be saved to display as vector is in a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá a todos . Sou iniciante na área de Multimídia. Estou a resolver alguns problemas.  Alguém  poderia me ajudar? Eu apreciaria.

Inkeded1_LI.jpgInkeded2_LI.jpg
No entanto, existe uma pequena dúvida que especifico: - Quais etapas / comandos devo realizar para editar os Vectores Smart Objets (Objetos Inteligentes de Vetores), no mokup (modelo) que retirei da Internet para o Photoshop? Envio as imagens das minhas dúvidas. Eu ficaria grato mais uma vez por sua ajuda neste assunto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click on a vector smart object layer's layer content thumbnail in Photoshop's layers palette.   A temp Vector  Work File should open in you default  Vector Editor like Adobe Illustrator.  Update its content and save the Work file.  When you save the work file Photoshop will Update the vector smart object layer's object  and the layers content.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines