• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a photo for a passport: 2" x 2" overall, 1.25" chin to top of head

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo from my iPhone I'd like to turn into a passport photo.  The requirements are:

1.  2" x 2" overall size

2.  1" - 1.375" from the bottom of the chine to the top of the head (I'm shooting for 1.25")

The image comes in at 42"W at 72 DPI, so I use Image Size convert it to 2"W at 600 DPI (my printer resolution) and crop the height to 2".  So, now I have my 2" x 2" at the right resolution, but the head is  too small.  How can I get the head and overall image the right sizes?

Any tips greatly appreciated.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

I take it this is going to be printed.I would do it like so:

In Edit >  Preferences > Units & Rulers, set Units to Inches. Have your original image open, and open a New image, two inches square and 300 PPI (print resolution). Show the Rulers, and drag down Guides for the top of the head and the chin, 1.25" apart, per the Rulers.

Using the Move tool, go to your original image, and drag it over to the new doc (this leaves your original untouched). Before you commit, use the transform handles t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just bring the head size to 1.25", and then crop the image to two inches square?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Why not just bring the head size to 1.25"

How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it this is going to be printed.I would do it like so:

In Edit >  Preferences > Units & Rulers, set Units to Inches. Have your original image open, and open a New image, two inches square and 300 PPI (print resolution). Show the Rulers, and drag down Guides for the top of the head and the chin, 1.25" apart, per the Rulers.

Using the Move tool, go to your original image, and drag it over to the new doc (this leaves your original untouched). Before you commit, use the transform handles to size you image [copy] to the Guides.

Save this as a separate file, which you could send to someone else to print, and you still have your original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aah, perfect.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines