• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Action Step Parameter

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to edit an action I've created - specifically I want to change one step that moves a layer 4 pixels. I want to change this value.

This guide (https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html) suggests double-clicking the step, entering a new value, then clicking OK. This does not work - double-clicking just runs the action from the step double-clicked.

Can anyone advise on the correct procedure? I've seen a suggestion on another website that suggests downloading two scripts - one to export the action as an XML file and another to convert an XML file to an action. This is well within my capabilities but it's such a longwinded 'solution' I'd like to find the proper solution.

Any help gratefully received!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Thank you - unfortunately there seems to be a bug with that. Clicking Record Again, for me, just runs that step. 

I've resorted to recording the desired step again, dragging it into order and deleting the old step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step to the action step if the step requires some prior steps to set thing up for the step.  If no setup is required just highlight the step then use the Action palette's fly-out menu and click one record again.

image.png

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.
Contains

Example
Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - unfortunately there seems to be a bug with that. Clicking Record Again, for me, just runs that step. 

I've resorted to recording the desired step again, dragging it into order and deleting the old step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not record step again then to delete old one? Simplest and always working solution. Click on step which you want to replace then start recording so newly recorded step will be placed just below one that you want to replace. When you finish drag old step to trash can or exclude it from playing and kee it in action in case that you need it again at some point of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking record again should put you in record mode in that step dialog with the setting you had recorded.  Change the settings  and click OK to complet the recording of the step.  The action should now have the changed settings.  You sould be able to see the new settings in the step.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
// I want to edit an action I've created - specifically I want to change one step that moves a layer 4 pixels. I want to change this value.

How exactly did you originally record moving the layer 4 pixels? What method moved the layer?

I think that the "Record again" option depends on the original action step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines