• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing and manipulating 3d objects in photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on creating 2d images for a catalogue demonstrating my company's ability to create various products. To do this, we are making cg verisions of these products (as we want to get the catalogue out before we get the machinery to make the products) in solidworks, and we want to somehow manipulate these objects so they look like they are in the scene we put them in. However it seems that the texture mapping is unusable regardless of what format we import as.

Is there something I am missing for texturing (or importing) complext objects, or should I be using a different program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to answer without seeing your model and textures. Photoshop now uses a PBR Base, Metal, Roughness material system. An OBJ + MTL fiile along with those maps + a normal map as TIFFs/PNG should open OK.

But there are issues with rendering which may or may not show on your models, such as incorrect rendering of scaled UVs.

You may have more success with Dimension if your textures are in the PBR Base,Metal,Roughness format.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines