Highlighted

Elliptical Marquee tool fill line isn’t popping up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm making circles with the Elliptical Marquee tool the bar that pops up with the options to fill with color or transparent isn't popping up at the top of the screen what can I do to bring it back 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elliptical Marquee tool fill line isn’t popping up

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm making circles with the Elliptical Marquee tool the bar that pops up with the options to fill with color or transparent isn't popping up at the top of the screen what can I do to bring it back 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You're using the wrong tool for them options to show

2020-08-13 14_45_14-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That worked but for some reason my circles won't let me type over them like in a circle shape unless I click path can you let me know how to fix that 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating shape layer activate Horizontal Type and click anywhere inside shape. Do you want to type inside shape or something else?

You can also create path instead of shape which can be used for the same purpose. To create path instead of shape use tool mode picker from the options bar.

tool mode picker.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm trying to follow a YouTube video for a simple logo design but I couldn't get the circle to stay. The words would be on the outskirts of the circle 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use either shape or path. If you use shae layer then delete it after creating text. To create text on path navigate mouse with Type tool selected, to path of the shape or contur of path and click once. Your cursor should turn into I with vawy line crossing it before you are ready to click.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If above answer does not help, please post screenshot with problem visible. Include entire app in screenshot with Layers panel and document window visible.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0