Highlighted

Elliptical marquee tool has a white, square box surrounding the selected area when copied and paste

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making some photo collages. The rectangular marquee tool works well when I select an area from an image, copy it  then and paste it into another image. With the elliptical marquee tool, the selction looks good with all the marching ants. When I copy and then paste into another image, the selection has a square white box around the selection. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Elliptical marquee tool has a white, square box surrounding the selected area when copied and paste

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making some photo collages. The rectangular marquee tool works well when I select an area from an image, copy it  then and paste it into another image. With the elliptical marquee tool, the selction looks good with all the marching ants. When I copy and then paste into another image, the selection has a square white box around the selection. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be interested in seeing a screenshot of what you're seeing - and your layers panel. I THINK this may be happening because you're pasting it into a flat layer- like a background layer on a jpeg?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of PS. I'm dealing with exclusively Tiff files. It works normally with the rectangular marquee tool. I've attached  a jpeg of a screen shot. The background layer is off white, the pasted layer is on top. Thank you for your help.IMG_1963 (1).jpgIMG_1963 (1).jpgIMG_1967.jpgfor your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines