• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elliptical marquee tool selection disappears in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to cut out an oval shape to finish a headshot.  The marquee tool draws the oval fine but when releasing the mouse button, the shape does not save.  Instead, the marching ants outline jumps to an arbitrary shape near the edge of the image.  It was fine last week.  What do I do to make it work properly?  Thanks for any advice!

{thread renamed by moderator}

Jeanne Tifft
JLD Tifft Images
1-703-960-3873

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the selection disappears in Photoshop, would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop you're using?

Could you try disabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the selection disappears in Photoshop, would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop you're using?

Could you try disabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had shut down my PC and it was finee the next day?!  Just saw your reply and looked for the "legacy compositing" box which was aleady unchecked.  Thanks for your reply.

Jeanne Tifft
JLD Tifft Images
1-703-960-3873

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines