• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embededing photos

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using CR3, All my photos open in camera raw. It used to be i could drag a photo to the program and then drag another photo and it would become a new layer. I want to do this again , I know there are many different ways to do this but would like to get it back the way i had it before

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with RAW files, I would open each one in turn and apply edits and click on Done to close them again. Then in Bridge go Tools > Photoshop > Load into Photoshop Layers.

Use add Canvas to increase the document size then Ctrl drag each document into position

Note: With the Move tool selected make sure that Auto Select is turned off and set to Layer. This allows you to select and drag layers by holding down the Ctrl (Cmd) key.

image.png

Also make sure that Smart Guides are turned on which will help align the layers with each other

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, try to reset your setting from preferences...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It used to be i could drag a photo to the program and then drag another photo and it would become a new layer."

Do you mean to drag CR3 file in Photoshop window and to become layer or something else like PNG, JPG, PSD to drag onto Ps window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it doesn't matter the format I bring my files in. Jpg opens in raw also.  My point is after closing camera raw a second photo used to layer onto my first. Since I only work on one  project at a time ,   I would like ps to always open my second photo this way. I don't use bridge or light room, just photoshop. Right now after closing camera raw it open the photo as a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you open a RAW file which opens in ACR, edit it and open it in Photoshop?

Are you saying that at this point another image opens in the same image document?  That's confusing. 

Are you using Place embedded for instance?

What initiates the second photo opening?

BTW  Bridg is incredibly useful and is easy to use, and it comes with Photoshop so it is free. It would provide a powerful means to open your images into the same project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines