• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore CS6 can no longer edit in Photoshop...

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am one of the few people apparently that still uses Encore CS6 (the last time it was released) because a lot of my work involves DVD and Blu-Ray authoring/burning, and it's seemless link to Photoshop has made it the perfect tool for me for years.

Today, I just updated my Adobe software and now, Encore gives me the message "Could not edit in Photoshop. Photoshop does not appear to be installed." when I try to edit a menu in Photoshop. Is there any solution to this? Or is there any other way to go about it? 

Definitely nervous, because disc authoring and burning is a huge part of my job...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem for the first time today.  Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution I ended up doing was just going into the adobe creative cloud software and downloading an older version of Photoshop that would still work with it. 

Of course, now Encore isn't supported at all and can't even be ran anymore, so I don't use the software. I have been trying to find authoring software alternatives for several months now and having little luck with a program as solid as Encore was.

Hope that helps at least a little!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  Creating DVD is my only business in this department.  I found no other software that is anywhere near the quality of Encore.  While searching for new software I was also chatting with Adobe.  It took several sessions and several days but I was finally able to chat with the right person who gave me the link to download AND run Encore.  It can be done.  Unfortunately, we will  have to be building DVDs for several more years.  Good luck with your search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow so you are actually able to still use Encore? I reached a point where the program asks me for a serial number now and since I am a CC subscriber, I don't have a serial number for the program so I cannot use it. I chatted once with Adobe and they told me since I have no serial number I can't use it even though I pay monthly for the Adobe Suite. I wish more than anything I still could because like you, I still need to be able to author discs and it would sure be nice to do that with the same family of programs that I edit with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It took me a week or so just to get the license number for CS6 from Accounting.  As for my personal copy at home - I don't think I'll ever find it since it was 2011 or 2012 when I purchase it.  It is well worth the effort if you can use Encore again.  NO other program comes close.  Perhaps you have a friend who will no longer use their CS6 license that you could "buy" the  license from.  I believe you will have to get Adobe to give you the link to download a copy of Encore that is allowed to run along with CC.  The Music, Film and, by extension, the content creation industries DO NOT WANT people making DVDs and CDs anymore.  Message me if you need more info.  Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines