• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless Pressure Sensitivity Issues with PS/Wacom Intous

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggle for months and months with losing pressure sensitivity with PS and Wacom Tablet (Windows user). Looking at the community answers for similar problems, youtube videos with quick fixes and a huge number of different answers tagged from Adobe Community Professionals as "Correct". But this is all wrong for me. It is not normal for 3 huge companies, the biggest on the market globally, like Adobe, Wacom, and Windows to not sit on the table and resolve the compatibility issues for years. Is it fine for you all guys, to have been suggested to getting into system files, plug-in PSUserConfig.txt files in there, then to opt-out windows ink, then suggested to opt-in, then all changes again with the next PS release and so...I'm not an IT guru so to fix problems with some hacks, I'm just a painter and a user expecting the stuff I am paying for to the companies to which I am a loyal user for years, to just receive normal support and solutions. Issues are happening with each technology, this is fine, but it is too much and for a long period now.

I'm into a stuck right now, tried all the options and I'm lost again. For a couple of days, I spent half of my working hours fighting with this. Sensitivity appears and then is lost again after a few strokes in a minute, restarting driver, PS, then again and again. Both with or without Windows Ink. opt-in.

Is there any major and OFFICIAL solution, which comes straight from Adobe / Wacom?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.2.2 20200807.r.289 2020/08/07: 287d0d87ec x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10.0.19041.292

Wacom Intous5 with latest driver 6.3.40-2 (I have Intous3 also - same issues)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We have made improvements to painting with Win Ink in 21.2.2; resizing brush via Alt+right-click (hover) and Alt+tap to sample color are now instantaneous (no lag), scrubbers are pressure sensitive too. Modifier toast is an OS thing that we are investigating if we can work around or ask again for MS to provide an option to disable. Remove `UseSystemStylus 0` from PSUserConfig or remove that file altogether and make sure Win Ink is enabled in Wacom settings. You should be good to go.  `UseSystemStylus 0` is from Win7 days which MS has EOL'd.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines