• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless problems with Photomerge

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read much on my problem but can't find an answer that helps.

I am using Photoshop v21.2.1, on a PC which is relatively fast and having 16GB of RAM.

My needs are to scan a largish document, similar to a family tree, ie, lots of lines and text which should leand itself to photomerge  To scan I use a flatbed A4 scanner and to ensure 25% overlap, I need 6 scans, 3 across and 2 down.

If I take all 6 jpg images, and use File, Automate, Photomerge, and äuto", I get very strange results which resembles planr rectangles joined in a 3D manner, resembling a house that someone tries to male with a pack of cards.

If I then take just 3 adjacent images (the top row of the 3 x 2 matrix) the Photomerge function works well.  Doing the same with the next row, the merge again works well.  Then if I try to merge these 2 resultant .psd files, I get a crazy 3D-like merge.  Similarly if I photomerge the first row of two images, that works all OK.  but when I then try to photomerge these 3 column merges, I again get crazy results.

A few years ago this very same exercise worked OK, and if I did have issues I could correct them by using the "reposition"option, but when I do this with V 21.2.1the reposition continually plonks adjacent images on top of each other which are shown as two layers (partial images) as it should but I can only drag around as partial images, making the whole exercise useless.  Maybe I'm not clear.  When I select a layer to move (with the reposition setting I can't capture the whole image to move.  I can only drag fragments.

Some other details that help are that I am scanning at 300dpi, and saving to a jpg.  The individual jpgs are about 2.5 Meg.  When the PC is working on Photomerge, the RAM usage stays below 40%, and CPU is at a lazy 30%.  

I am not a power user, and probably don't deserve a package like Photoshop.

I hope someone can help.  Stay safe people, in these troubled times.

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have answered my own question.  Despite using images of technical drawings (ie, just line work), which I think should be an easy merge,unfortunately Photomerge just doesn't do it.   Using Photoshop (subscription).

I consider this post closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines