Erratic file behaviour, displaying white areas that should not be there

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I suddenly started getting this constant issue where previously working files began to have weird white areas in them when opened in Photoshop.

This is what the image preview looks like:

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 12.15.40.png

But this is what it looks like in Photoshop:

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 12.15.33.png

This happens to most of my .psd files, even ones I haven't touched in years. Other people opening the same files on their computer seem to have none of these issues, they don't see any white.

When scrolling through animations in the Timeline, the white areas sometimes move in ways that seem to have nothing to do with the layers. Trying to draw on the white areas has erratic results.

Creating a new, blank file and trying to use a black Bucket tool on it causes nothing to happen. Drawing on it with the Brush tool works, but then creating a new layer and trying to draw causes this white nonsense around the newly drawn line (also I have to leave a little bit of white on the background layer or else the black will instantly disappear): 

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 13.33.19.png

It was suggested to me that it might be a graphics/memory issue, so I tried different graphics processor settings, to no avail. Also I'm not sure if it's only a display bug, as when I export animation frames with Render Video, the rendered frames have those same white areas.

I've tried restarting and reinstalling Photoshop.

Can this be related to the new update? I thought I already had it, though, but these problems started only today.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Photoshop 2021 have you tried  your  with GPU enable and disabled and Native Canvas disabled and enabled in your Preferences.  Adobe has posted the are quit a few issues in Photoshop 2021. All features have not been update for use in Photoshop 2021 some features have rendering issues.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck these 2 settings

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 8.51.04 AM.png

Click Advanced

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 8.51.34 AM.png

quirt & restart photoshop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitly your graphics card. I've been having all kinds of crazy screen redraw issues. To "clear" them, I just hold down the space bar and use my hand tool to "shake" the screen and it usually fixes it. Check your graphics card and check the PS min. requirements. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Certified Instructor | Adobe User Group Manager

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines