• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erratic Photoshop Behavior

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. Hoping someone can help me solve this erratic photoshop issue. I'm an advanced user, but I can't seem to isolate where this issue is stemming from. All drivers are fully updated, and I've gone as far to reformat my entire OS.

The problem doesn't seem to have a consistent catalyst, but I feel like it has happened a number of times when I draw a selection and before releasing it, moving it by pressing space to align it where I need. But it will just happen sometimes while I'm painting.

System:
Windows 10
Photoshop 21.1.2
Cintiq 27 QHD

Thanks for any assistance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for explaining what you're doing when it happens. Can you describe how it is erratic? And if you have reformatted your OS, then you reinstalle Photshop, correct? You mentioned that it doesn't have a consistent catalyst--what other things besides drawing a selection have created the same problem? Have you tried resetting your preferences? And, one last question--does it only happen when you are using your cintiq? Or do you have a mouse you can try working with to see if the same issue persists?

Let us know!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mglush

It will occur when using a mouse or the cintiq. It just happened today after a simple free transform. It will also happen when I pan the canvas around. I have tried different combinations of toggling flick panning and over scrolling on and off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another example of the behavior. This occurs after it initially breaks and continues until I restart the program.
-The crazy scribbles occured at the beginning from just one click with the brush

-The canvas panning gradually snaps an opposite direction and will continue to move off screen until its completely gone. Ctrl-R to toggle the ruler and recenter the canvas will snap it back to the center, but will shoot off screen when panning again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mglush. This problem is persisting in the newest photoshop update. Has there been any other reports of this kind of issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm sorru to say that I haven't heard anything--so I went looking online and I found this article. There are several people who have been experiencing this who have a Dell computer. I noticed you mention Windows 10, is it a Dell?

Here is the article: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/erratic_tool_behavior_tool_jumps_from_cursor-...

One person brought up updating the Video Card driver, have you done that also?

Let us know if that helps? 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My video card drivers are fully updated. The issues in the thread you posted didn't sound exactly like the issue I am facing. After the canvas popping and erratic tool behavoir occurs, photoshop become unresponsive and I must save and restart the software. Sometimes I can't even save. Ive lost many hours of work because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines