• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1603. Photoshop CS4

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I recently got Photoshop CS4, for some odd reason when I had to do a system restore, it messed up. Not sure why, but I got the screen to accept or decline the user end license agreement, when I clicked to accept it, it just went away and nothing happened. So I uninstalled it, and tried reinstalling it, now every time I try, it gets right to the end, where it's installing Adobe Bridge CS4 and it comes up with an error saying it had problems installing photoshop CS4 and then asks me if I want to continue with the installation, I click continue, and it finishes, but I get an error message at the end again. When I click more information I get this:

Adobe Photoshop CS4
Error:
Error 1603. Fatal error during installation.

Adobe Photoshop CS4
Error:

Adobe Bridge CS4
Error:
ne
Adobe Device Central CS4
Error:

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error, please tell me someone knows what the hell is going on here? Lol. Because people are going to ask here are my specs:

Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
RAM: 2g
Free HD space: 170g
Complete HD space: 250g
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1 (you probably won't need this, lol)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

All help is EXTREMELY appreciated. 😄 Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2009 Jan 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening all.

I think I must be the only one out there that can't install this darn program. The lates information they have sent me is to stop the installer and enter a string of code... I'm not a programmer. It's just not good enough. Why should I or anyone else have to mess around so much with this instalation.

I wish there was some way, to make them accountable. It's not like a small out lay of $50.00 for a basic, photo editor program, I'm sure we all have that. The tec support, is interesting, if you can understand them. Then each time you call you get someone else, and your starting all over. The customer service for Adobe is less than helpfull when requesting a refund. I'm still working on that...

Buyer be ware.

Keloh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd done all the solutions written above

1. I have 5.05 GB free disk space.

2. All clear

3. I had already done this

4. Updated.

5. Already had.

6. Done.

Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I was having the same problems as everyone else: I would get the 'error 1603' message when I tried installing CS4 products. I followed all the above suggestions and it would always end the same - but fianlly - EUREKA! - I got it to work. Here is how:

First - definitely do all of the above processes, especially the ones Bart suggests.

Second- Check out this website: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404083

What seemed to work for me was to make sure I was running a 'simplified mode' and putting the insatallation files on the desktop. Once I made sure that my Avast and Mcaffee software wasn't running (not just 'turned off', but niot running) I was able to install all my CS4 products! What a relief, I was just about to return them all!
To stop services in Vista, press Cnrl-Alt-Dlt and then look for the Services button in the lower right hand corner of the window. Stop ALL nonessntial services (I reccomend unplugging from the internet when you kill your virus software) and reboot. Once you install from the desktop hopefully it works for you like it did for me. Good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2009 Feb 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your results laird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the trial version to install after trying for 12 hrs.

I'm on Vista Home basic, acer laptop, I tried everything ..

I edited the registry (see this post Alan Musgrove, "critical error during PS CS4 installation" #20, 22 Jan 2009 12:56 pm and deleated the keys back to default), turned off firewall and anti virus, disconnected from the internet, shut down all my running programs including the acer empowering technology application( using windows taks manager) ran adobe wincleancs4 script twice, then cs3 clean script, made sure the adobe cs4 trial file that I downloaded was on my desk top, then turned off the uac (user account control).

Whilst running the clean up scripts to level 2 (maximum) I also chose the option to remove the adobe media player . One of the clean up scripts gives the option to do this, can't remember which one.

I already have shockwave player and reader 9.1 installed, but I chose to install all the items on the trial. It worked like a dream.

I tried every fix you could imagine before, but IMHO it was probably running Both clean scripts to (level 2 with the remove media player option) as explained and finally turning off the UAC that did the trick.

Maybe if I'd turned off the uac first. I may not have had to do the others.
all in all, by doing everything above, it finally worked.

Hope that helps someone.

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it wouldn't run in vista home basic... hmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry to be off topic but i have trouble with another kind of error

how should i explain this.....

ok

first of all

it gets to (builing twain menu items) the blue box thingy before it starts

and this window pops up says: (choose profile)

it has Outlook as a choice so i click ok

then this note comes out

Adobe Photoshop CS4 has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

and more.......

heres more detail:

AppName: photoshop.exe     AppVer: 11.0.0.0     ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 00000004

and more but cant be copied.......

thats all

please help? ^_^

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't updated to 11.0.1 - go do that first.

"and this window pops up says: (choose profile)

it has Outlook as a choice so i click ok"

That makes no sense.

Could you provide more details, or a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like this

whats wrong.bmperror.bmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "choose profile" doesn't come from Photoshop.

Something else on your system is doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then.......

how u fix it? o.o

is it outlook or........

tell me how to fix it pretty please T_T

i really want to draw.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps you out; http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Error+1603&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enCA325CA325&ie=UTF-8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erm.... i just removed outlook from the profile choose thingy but it askes for a profile.......

how do i like igonore this or how u fix it so that it will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you have to figure out what it is on your computer that is asking you for a profile (without telling you what kind of profile it is talking about).

This isn't happening to anyone else, so it's something peculiar about your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I am having the exact problem dannyespanda is having on my windows xp.

I am sure there are more people having the same problem.  The outlook profile

issue is really a pain. Not sure why Adobe CS4 needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2009 May 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 miles:  you might want to read the existing topic before posting next time.

Again:  Photoshop is not putting up that dialog, because Photoshop does not have any such profile.   That is coming from something outside of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

microsoft office outlook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think the program thats asking for profile is microsoft outlook..... but how do i make it stop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dannyespanda wrote:

i think the program thats asking for profile is microsoft outlook..... but how do i make it stop?

You could try asking in an M$ Office forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a Photoshop issue so off topic here. Ask in a Microsoft forum !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 07, 2009 May 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I invisible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've had the same error.

1603 on same 3 apps

4 days of trying to install this junk, shame adobe!

Used their Technotes, reomoved .icc files, changed registry permissions etc etc, unistalled.

Still the same crap

Why would anyone even consider buying this if you can't even ge the trial to install?

Customer support were useless - Lady called MELODY

Tech support are even less interested

It was once a good company - now subbed out to 3rd world call centres.

Seriously if any one has a fix please could they let me know

Rgds

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution for error!!!!

This Spanish-language, they have to translate

Bueno despues de intentar 1000 veces logre solucionar el error 1603,

lo que tienen que hacer:

1. descargar el  windows installer(http://windows-installer-cleanup-utility.uptodown.com/)

2. instalar el mismo

3. desintalar todos los programas Adobe. ya que el error es porque hay conflicos con los componentes

5. descargar el WinCS3Clean o el WinCS4Cleanupscript.

4. ejecutar el CS3Clean y seguir las instrucciones o CS4InstallerDatabaseUtility

6. sigan las instrucciones de este link (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401401.html)

Nota: Con el WinCS3Clean y el WinCS4Cleanupscript eliminen todos los componentes de Adobe que no quede nada

y luego de eso , reinicia la PC y tema solucionado

espero que les sea de utilidad, es la forma de reparar el error

Saludos atte ABEL Avila

Cualquier duda o pregunta lo pueden hacer en ingles como en espanol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution for error!

This Spanish-language, they have to translate

Well after trying to achieve 1000 times to fix the error 1603,

what to do:

1. download the windows installer (http://windows-installer-cleanup-utility.uptodown.com/)

2. install the same

3. Uninstall all Adobe programs. because the error is because there's Dispute with the components

5. WinCS3Clean download or WinCS4Cleanupscript.

4. CS3Clean run and follow the instructions or CS4InstallerDatabaseUtility

6. follow the instructions in this link (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401401.html)

Note: With the WinCS3Clean and WinCS4Cleanupscript remove all components of Adobe there is nothing left

and after that, restart the computer and issue resolved

I hope that you will find it useful, is the way to repair the error

Saludos atte Abel Avila

Any questions or you can do in English and in Spanish

abelavila777@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2010 Feb 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact thing happen with Windows 7. I just uninstalled everything that said adobe...and still having same issue. I also checked program files (x86) did you find something magical? This is a new computer with tons of space, so I know it's not a space issue.

Thanks,
Patty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines