Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 22 window does not have a constructor

Jul 17, 2010 Jul 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a MacBook Pro with SL - when trying to use photomerge in CS5 I keep getting this window - Error 22: Window does not have a constructor -Line 388 - var w = new Window(res);  This occurs with RAW or jpeg images.

On  the NAPP forums - I was informed this is a programming error and to contact Adobe.  Anybody know a workaround besides going back to CS4 on this?

Kenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I do a repair disk permissions every few days and TechTool 5 optimization every week.

Now, that I see this is not related only to Mac, I am really confused.

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not releted to operating system. I'm working on Windows 7 64bit and I have this error to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Becouse this error is not releted to opeationing system itself. It shows in windows and in mac. I thint, that this error is related to Windows/MAC profile files. Meaby in mac is te same. Wen I ceate second account in Windows (7-64) and run PS in this new accout, photomerge works fine.

Try, this. Meake new user account i mac. Meaby this will help as pin-point the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the prefs file in WindowsXPsp3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I have been bothered by this same Photoshop error 22 when trying to use the Photomerge feature or any other of the Automate features in CS5.

My computer is a Windows 7 32bit machine but this should definitely apply to Windows 64bit machines and possibly the same logic may apply to Mac but I do not know.

I didnt find a permanent solution but I did find a temporary fix which will at least allow you to use the function for one opening of the program however if you close and reopen photoshop the problem returns.

Temporary Fix Instructions:

1.  Locate the file "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp" on your computer and delete it or move it elsewhere.  (I assume by doing this you may lose ass of your photoshop preferences but it will allow you to use photomerge and HDR so you choose)

2. On Windows this file can be found in the User folder under C:\**USER NAME**\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings\ (Replace **USER NAME** with the Windows 7 account user name)

3. After deleting this file or temporarily moving it out of that folder you can then open Photoshop CS5 and use the Photomerge feature as much as you'd like.

4. As soon as you close Photoshop CS5 the program automatically makes a new Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp file so when you try to reopen the program it will not work again.

I hope this may be helpful to some people and I hope that Adobe can fix this issue, I have not and dont plan on submitting this as a bug report to Adobe, being that I do not personally own the program (still in 30 day trial) but anyone who would like to, please feel free to do so.

UPDATE: HOW TO MAKE THIS FIX PERMANENT

If you would like to transform this fix into a permanent one you can do the following:

1. Open folder: C:\**USER NAME**\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Adobe Photoshop CS5 Settings\

2. Delete the "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp" file

3. Open Photoshop CS5.  DO NOT CLOSE IT.

4. Switch back to your window showing that folder from step 1 and now you should see a new "Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp" but it will have a file size of 0kb because Adobe doesnt write to the file until you close the program.

5. Right-click on the file Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp and click "Properties" and mark it as "Read Only".

6.  Now you should be able to open and close Photoshop CS5 as many times as  you'd wish and the Photomerge feature will still work, but you also  will probably not be saving any "Photoshop Preferences" if you want to  customize the program.  I dont know which preferences are saved in that  file but at the very least you can have all of the default Photoshop CS5  setting and Photomerge features working whenever you want without a  hassle each time.

Message was edited by: HSelznick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you submit this buggy user config file. I have working copy. We can compare them and meaby find the real final solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would u like me to submit this file? You mean here on the forums? Where do I upload it? Also I assume that you want just my buggy Adobe Photoshop CS5 Prefs.psp file, correct?

I will be more than happy to send you what you would need to fix this problem just give me some more details on what you want me to do exactly, thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The *.psp file is in some way warped/hashed/compiled. In plain text is  just rubbish. But send me yours file to mrmgr.pl@gmil.com I will try my  best, or i will find documentation about .psp file format.

I have to say that, I have this problem, but after formatting my HDD and installing all over again all works fine.

Yes, i know. I'm messing up all english times 😕

[I'm still learning English, if you'll find any grammat or spelling mistakes, please point it to me, I need Feedback.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines