Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error 22 window does not have a constructor

Jul 17, 2010 Jul 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a MacBook Pro with SL - when trying to use photomerge in CS5 I keep getting this window - Error 22: Window does not have a constructor -Line 388 - var w = new Window(res);  This occurs with RAW or jpeg images.

On  the NAPP forums - I was informed this is a programming error and to contact Adobe.  Anybody know a workaround besides going back to CS4 on this?

Kenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is (despite much appreciated and numerous contributions by some Adobe employees) basically a user-to-user-Forum.

So if you want to file a bug-report:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Anyway, I can’t reproduce the error but this seems to concern »LatteUI.jsx« – maybe someone over at the Photoshop Scripting Forum has an idea how to fix it.

Have you edited or moved some of the concerned Scripts in any way, possibly copied them from an old version or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did submit a bug report.  No, I did not change any scripts.  I have CS4 and have no problems with photomerge.  This has only happened with CS5, and that is the only problem I have encountered with CS5 to date.

The experts at the NAPP forum suggest this is a programming error!

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can’t reproduce the problem.

How exactly do you invoke the Script (from Bridge or Photoshop) and at which step does the error occur?

And once again I recommend asking at the Photoshop Scripting Forum or at http://www.ps-scripts.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be that you moved some scripts, deleted some files, or copied scripts and related bits from a previous version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot 2010-07-16 at 3.44.49 PM.pngOkay, so how do I correct it, do I reinstall CS5?

This window pops up whether I try to access photomerge from Lightroom 3, Bridge, or in photoshop.

Screen shot 2010-07-16 at 3.32.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a reinstall may be in order.

But you also want to remove anything you may have copied from an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  did copy Nik Filters and Topaz filters from CS4.    Also, did Silver Effects Pro and Viveza.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Chris Cox:

I took out the Nik filters that I copied from CS4 and uninstalled CS5.  I reinstalled CS5 and before I added any filters I tried photomerge and got the same constructor window error.

I think I have a bad copy of CS5.

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible, but something is weird.

The installer should catch normal file corruption errors.

It still sounds like you're running some sort of mismatched set of javascripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe one should take a look at the »res«-string produced in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  A person from Apple Discussions (Snow Leopard) suggested I reinstall the SL update.  I did so, and now, image processor and photomerge are working normally in CS5.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions?

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooooook. That's a weird one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this and answering it as well.  I have the same error with CS5 when invoking photomerge from bridge.  I just used this now so it is only now that I saw the problem.  (I normally use photomerge in Photoshop, not in Bridge).  So it seems to me that this is a bug in CS5 or Snow Leopard and not because we moved a script or tinkered with a scripts.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have no idea how that error could occur without damaged scripts.

But it is possible that some OS bug causes the script engine to generate a bogus error when trying to construct the window, and that reinstalling the OS cleans up whatever was causing the OS bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's interesting is  - now PhotoMerge in Photoshop no longer works. It spits the same error msg as Kenny stated earlier.  I will try to re-install the OS and see if that works for me as well.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2:  While I thought my issue was resolved by downloading and  reinstalling SL update - it was not.   I had some issues with my Nik  filters and the very helpful Nik tech put everything back where it was  supposed to be to make them work correctly.  When I attempted to use  photomerge and image processor in CS5 again, I received the same error  as before "window does not have a constructor".  I called the Nik tech  back and she said they were seeing this issue with other plug- ins as  well, and it appears to be an issue with Snow Leopard, and she assured me that the Nik filters or other plug-ins could not possibly cause this type of error.

If I access CS5 thru a different administrator account, image processor  and photomerge work fine.  So, it seems when you move a folder, etc., in  SL something is causing corruption.

Kenny

_____

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Is there a way to trash the offending scripts, and reboot?  This is an area I am not familiar with, but would sure like to resolve this issue.

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you would trash -- because we still have no idea what file is corrupt/broken to cause the problem.

But a disk utility Fix Permissions run on your disk permissions sounds like a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, have you tried removing all the third party plugins and seeing if the problem goes away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any third party plug ins .  I just purchased CS5 a few weeks ago and haven't have much time playing with it (I even haven't mastered CS4 yet!) .  I will try to have a second admin account but that defeats the purpose for me - I don't want to have different accounts on my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to have different accounts on my computer!

Who does? (Except people who have to share machines.)

But it is an important trouble-shooting step in that – in case it does make a difference – the original account is proven to contain a »trouble-maker« and not the program itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, when I use a different "test" administrator account - photomerge and image processor work correctly.

So, if this is a Mac/PC problem not related to plug-ins, wouldn't this be some type of programming error by Adobe?  Not sure, just asking!

Also, photomerge and image processor work fine in CS4 without having to change administrator accounts.

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned above, when I use a different "test" administrator account - photomerge and image processor work correctly.

Which could mean it is likely related to preferences, permissions, or an OS per-user cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting this unique problem on several forums I wanted to update my latest findings.

I trashed the PS preferences (second time) and now image processor and photomerge appear to be working properly again.

I also thought it was a Mac Snow Leopard problem, but thru one of the other forums was apprised of a few PC with Windows 7 having the same error.

I'll update again if anything else comes up.

Chris, it appears you were correct, however, when this problem first appeared, I trashed the pref, but the problem didn't go away.  Not sure why, but now that I have done it a 2nd time, I think trashing the pref was the correct fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines