Error 23: ) does not have a value. Line: 1382 -> }();

what value should I put?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

error 23

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem

when I start the script I get this error

Error 23: ) does not have a value. Line: 1382 -> }();

what value should I put?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 25, 2016 1
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you please post a screenshot with coding visible?

-V

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2016 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If one of Adobe script What version of Photoshop and what script?

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2016 1
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does error 23 referes to, is there any error referene error page?

I'm debugging an old PS extension and I can see an error like:

"{\"data\":{\"error\":{\"number\":23,\"fileName\":\"395\",\"line\":1,\"source\":\"()\",\"start\":1,\"end\":2,\"message\":\") does not have a value\",\"name\":\"ReferenceError\"}}}"
[2020-12-16 17:21:16.320] [error] Photoshop signalled error: {"number":23,"fileName":"395","line":1,"source":"()","start":1,"end":2,"message":") does not have a value","name":"ReferenceError"}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you debug Photoshop and what to do to get the code you posted?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 1
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately you can't get that error easily.

This is related to a custom Photoshop plugin that sends message to another application through websocket. 

The plugin has been made with CEP version 7  - pretty old.

I'm trying to understand what can possibly cause that error. We have so many of that errors in the logs each are refering to a unique "filename". I don't even know what that "filename" is refering to. 

I was just wondering if there are any documentation around error 23 - when/why it is thrown. As I can't find it on this list: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-common-addon-installation-issues.html#find-yo...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using $.fileName from ExtendScript ToolKit you are getting numbered name of file when you're targeting Photoshop by the script that is not written to disk yet. For CEP: Load Multiple JSX files  (for some reason you have to open it by right click and select first item to be taken to correct line)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 08, 2021 1