Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error after upgrade to Catalina – Smart layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i upgrade to Mac OS Catalina. When i use the smart layers in Photoshop and do edit in Illustrator, then i go back 
in Photo and get this Message:

"You cannot update smart object files because the file is locked, you do not have the necessary access permissions, or the file is being used by another program. Check the 'Finder' command in the Finder to make sure the file is unlocked and that you have permission to access it. If the problem persists, save the document to another file or duplicate it in Finder."

I make this file one day before upgrade, and then its work good.

Please help me
Thank you 
Ondra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Hi,

thank you answer me. I have the PSD file on external disk. In Info window i have the

check box "Ignore ownership on this volume" set ON. 

I upgrade now new Photoshop and new upgrade Mac OS and i check it out. It seem, its work better.

Thanks

Ondra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Photoshop CC 2019 has not been tested to run on Catalina, upgrading to a new Mac OS has always caused issues with Photoshop among other Adobe apps

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Does-Photoshop-work-with-Catalina/td-p/10654955

You should always wait before upgrading to a new major OS update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce this problem. What is the path/location of the file you have placed? I assume this is a linked smart object as opposed to an embedded smart object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

the PSD file is on external disc. And its a placed vector image like smart objects. When in need editting

this object, i click on in a then is started the Illu. I edit object and save. Then a i go back to the Photo

and then i saw this error report.

But, now i was upgrading to new version Photo and new upgrade to MacOS, and its seem better.

I check it out and maybe i write you in the future.

Thank you

Ondra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ondra, 

Can you provide more info on your exact workflow so we can try to reproduce this?

If your files are stored on an external drive, one user resolved this using Get Info on the drive the file was stored in.

Look for a check-box to check at the bottom of GetInfo that says "ignore ownership". See if that's available.

ignore.png

Let us know more detail when you can.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thank you answer me. I have the PSD file on external disk. In Info window i have the

check box "Ignore ownership on this volume" set ON. 

I upgrade now new Photoshop and new upgrade Mac OS and i check it out. It seem, its work better.

Thanks

Ondra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines