• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 'Failed to initialise security client. Error code: 202' starting Adobe photoshop CS

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I downloaded an evaluation copy of Photoshop CS and it seemed to instal fine. When I came to run it I got the above messsage.

Please help me find a solution.

I am running Window 10 and have 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD drive.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Are you sure it's Photoshop CS as any version of CS has not been available since the Creative Cloud started.

Where exactly did you download it from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

Yes it is CS. I downloaded it as a 30-day trial from:

https://adobe-photoshop-free.en.lo4d.com/windows

It originally said it would be Photoshop 8 but I've found it to be 'CS'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you want to download an unsupported outdated version of Photoshop, the current version is 2020 and is only available for a 7 day free trial and you must pay for a subscription after the trial period ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged,

I wasn't aware I had to pay a subscription after 7 days. Before download the accompanying information said the trial lapses after the trial period.

The purpose of a free trial is to determine if you are happy with the type of features and ease of navigation, amongst other things, the software has got. If you are happy then you pay for the real thing otherwise the trial period lapses and you pay nothing. Otherwise why would anyone want to trial an outdated package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS was released in 2003 and even if you got the trail working you won't be able to use it after trial period ends, I still don't see the reason why you're trying to evaluate an outdated version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware this is the only a version available for a free trial.

Can you tell me what makes you think I will have to pay anything please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2020 is available as a free 7 day trial, after the free trial is over you need to subscribe to the Creative Cloud in order to continue using it.

https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/photoshop/free-trial-download.html

If you don't want to pay for Photoshop there are plenty of free alternatives out there

https://www.cmscritic.com/eight-free-photoshop-alternatives/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ged,

I wasn't aware that 2020 was available for a trial.

Thank you for your help and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines