• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error merging layers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest update cant merge my layer, i have my background image and after adding a new image with bokeh lights setting this new layer to screen if i merge this 2 layers there is no problem, but if i transform the bokeh layer so i can place them i the way i want if i want to merge this 2 layers it bumps a program error and cant merge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have simmilar problem. Cant merge layers no mather what

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot with Layers panel also visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to revert to 22.0.1 to keep working since update 22.1 was not working for me. So i cant screenshot right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue after update.  Reverted back to previous version and no issues.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, just reverted back thanks to this comment. Its working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, also after the most recent update. It also happened when trying to save another document to Cloud Documents (same message) and the only workaround I found was to save it to my desktop and upload it later.

defaulttjxa1jyhgnlo_1-1608014531861.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 2.10.02 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue, it seems to let me merge layers below the mask but not above the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I try to merge layers and I get PROGRAM ERROR. At this point I get the same error with the Healing Brush. I uninstalled then uninstalled then rebooted. I'm using Windows 10. 

Photoshop Program Error .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to be clear, I got this error and still get this error after I uninstalled then uninstalled then rebooted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here... And it won't let me save my document either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue.  No matter what I try, I can't merge layers, save the file anywhere or export it.  I lost a lot of work because of that, so I'm not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revert to previous update and everything works fine, its a pain that 20 days after i first expirienced this error they still havent fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on a Mac, I just reported it (although I can't now find that entry). 
I can merge a small number of layers, but when I try to merge a group of layers, or a large nmber of layers, I get the program error. One of the layers seems to poison the process, in that when I include that, I get the error for a much smaller number of layers. I've tried clearing the preferences and even removing and reinstalling Photoshop, as well as completely recreating the file, all to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, yes, happy that rolling back to 22.1 to 22.0.1 did the trick, and I can now merge willy nilly again.  It lost all my actions and things, though, so now I've got to go find those again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue - can merge fine until I use the transform tool on the layer, then "Could not complete your request because of a program error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ran into a similar problem flattening an image. But I'm on a marginal machine- 2012 Mac mini running Mojave. Merge Down DID work ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I realized that if the layers I want to merge are in a group, then PS will merge the group to the background without error. Not the best solution, but works fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here merging layers. I get it on both Windows and MacOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues here. Crazy that it hasn't been addressed yet, and this isn't a new thread. Guess I'll have to go back to the old version and redo all my presets...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding to the comments because I have the same issues. Can't merge layers every now and then, but as a workaround, if I go to the layers panel and click on "merge visible" it works and well, it acomplishes the same thing.
So just hide the layers that you dont want to merge and hit "merge visible". Seems to be working.

Another file I was working on however, wouldn't let me save the file besides giving me the same error.
I had to do a whole bunch of gimnastics to make the file workable that time, because even if I copypasted the layers unto a new file, it then wouldn't let me save that.
I don't know if I could have solved that issue with the "merge visible" workaround.

Let me know if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error also, and no workaround seems to be useful. Merge Visible gives me the same error message, this happens inconsistently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated yesterday and it seems to be working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take that last comment back as it seems to have gone back to program error again.

Come on Photoshop hurry up and fix this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines