• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message - Could not complete your request because of a program error.

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son and I both use Photoshop CC. I'm a beginner. My son is a second year college student majoring in graphic arts and design.

We share a common Dell Precision desktop. It exceeds all Photoshop minimum requirements for memory, hard drive size, etc.

We both have seeparate accounts and logins. We use Windows 10 Pro.

My question...I always get this error: "Could not complete your request because of a program error." PS is contantly crashing and sending a error message to Adobe. But my son's side of the workstation...never a problem.

Any suggestions? I have tried just about everything. Thanks to all.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please indicate the version of Photoshop and OS version.

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

You say you tried "about everything", have you've tried resetting the Photoshop preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good afternoon, Derek.

I've been working on this problem for two weeks now.

I want you to know that PS works just fine on my laptop, which doesn't have the horsepower that our workstation does.

RAM: 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable).

I just checked Windows Resource Monitor. PS is using 995 MB with 2.32 GB committed. CPU usage: 4%.

Hard Drive...I run three of them. I use C:\ for all program files (default). Total available: 69.4 GB. Total space: 475.1 GB

I can always select Photoshop Preferences, but Performance is often unavailable. I moved Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings to my desktop as described in an Adobe instruction set.

I have downgraded several times and PS works fine.

I need to check PS on my laptop and determine memory usage, etc.
It could be a memory problem. I'll check the registry also. I am a different user than my son. I'll check his registry entries also.

Thanks so much.

Bill G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got this error too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And resetting the Photoshop preferences didn't resolve the issue momblogger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you reset the photoshop preferences i no nothing about programming.it was working fine till i updates latley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No programming required, you reset the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

reset.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem after updating to version 22.3  When I open a photo in PS, or send a photo from Lightroom, it gives a Script Alert "IOError: General Phpotoshop error occurred.  This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop".  When I dismiss this alert and try to do anything (eg, zoom in), I get the message "Could not complete your request becasue of a program error".   I just tried "Resetting Preferences on Quit" and that didn't help.

I am using Windows 10, have 519 GB free space on my C drive; my photos are stored on a separate drive with 9.95 TB free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, my GPU is AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my GPU is: Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines