• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error on disc when saving any files (my disc isnt full or anything like it)

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
My photoshop won't let me save any files on my computer (mac). The message says thats some error on my disc. I updated my system, updated the photoshop, unistalled the photoshop and installed again, and still won't let me do it. Does anyone knows how to fix it?!?! Please, i need some help! 😞 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to save to your local HD or an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be a permissions issue or worse, you may want to run Disk First Aid. If you have an external drive or thumb drive, try saving to that in the meantime so you don't lose that document. 

You may also want to download the free Onyx utility and run it. 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newer Mac OS systems (Catalina, Big Sur) require external drives to be formatted as Ex-Fat.

If they are not, then you would have this exact issue when trying to save to them.

Not permissions or corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines