Error opening Photoshop 22.1 on macOS 10.14.6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last update of Photoshop 22.1 dated today 12/08/2020, when opened it closes automatically without allowing working with the application.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac19,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of processors: 1

Total number of cores: 6

Level 2 cache (per core): 256 KB

Level 3 cache: 9 M

Memory: 64 GB Boot

ROM version: 1037.140.50.0.0

SMC version (system): 2.46f12

Mojave 10.14.6

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error opening Photoshop 22.1 on macOS 10.14.6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last update of Photoshop 22.1 dated today 12/08/2020, when opened it closes automatically without allowing working with the application.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac19,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of processors: 1

Total number of cores: 6

Level 2 cache (per core): 256 KB

Level 3 cache: 9 M

Memory: 64 GB Boot

ROM version: 1037.140.50.0.0

SMC version (system): 2.46f12

Mojave 10.14.6

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Have you tried re-installing the app to check if that helps?

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists, tried the change of preferences, giving permission access to the disk, re-installing the program. It is clear that error comes from the update since the same version worked perfectly yesterday. Only after updating this morning did this problem arise. The use of the program is not feasible. It is an extremely serious problem, it does not allow us to work.

Regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently based on the program's problem report. Photoshop tries to write in a segment of a memory space that does not correspond to it, which results in a Kernel error that protects the CPU. It is clear that it is an application error. What did Adobe provide about it?

Thank you

Time Awake Since Boot: 19000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 4500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000458
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1788]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried re-installing. It did not work. Problem persists. Keeps quitting after a four seconds.

Unfortunately, it was impossible to migrate the presets, actions and settings prior to re-installing. It did not stay long enough to allow the backup.

I have not only lost my entire day, I have lost all my brushes, effetcs, actions…

Why was I not asked before the automatic update? I will look into my settings that if it was set at automatic, I will go back to manual updates. Wich always was my preference until recently.

Now, question: How to go back to previous version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem. The latest version of Photoshop keeps crashing after few seconds since it automatically was updated. It is going to cost me a lot!!! I am at lost, no information posted so far from Adobe.

Newest iMac Retina 5K 2020.

3,8 GHz Intel Core i7 8 cœurs

32 Go 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 Go

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem, it doesn't allow me to save and I cannot open some files, It's very frustating the new update. I hope you can do something soon, I'm loosing time and money, please!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Ctailf LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some answers on this as well. Uninstalled, reinstalled and crashes as soon as you open a photo or try to access performance setting in preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0