• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "Not enough memory (RAM)" while batch processing in Photoshop 22.3.0 running on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have a problem with Photoshop probably related to the RAM. I am trying to run a batch process in Photoshop, but after the processing of about 200 images Photoshop crashes. During one of the many crashes that I had, I saw the following error message “Could not build a preview because there is not enough memory (RAM)”. My machine has 32GB of RAM and when I run the batch process only 31% is used. The Photoshop version that I have installed is 22.3.0, and I am using Windows 10.

I have already posted this problem one year ago. We could not find a solution, and I gave up. But now, I need to use Photoshop again, and I need to fix this bug asap. This is the link to the old post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/error-quot-not-enough-memory-ram-quot-while-batch-processin...

Simone

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your Batch process, process one image at a time?  Process the image save an output image files close all open documents and then process the next image file to be processed.  Or does your batch process open all the image files in the batch to create some kind of huge composite of all the images.   That type of Batch processing I could see you running out of machine resources before completing the batch process.  How many document are open in Photoshop when you run out of some machine resource.  Is this a bug or are you simply running out  of some requires machine resource.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack,

Thank you for your reply!

I have just checked my batch process and the actions that are called. The batch process processes one image at a time. It opens each image, processes it saving the results of different actions to disk, and at the end, the image is closed. When the batch process is running, only one image is opened and visible in Photoshop.

Any other suggestions on how to fix this bug?

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forgotten to mention, that the batch process calls different Photoshop transformations. No external transformation is applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed Photoshop on a second PC and I have run the same batch process. Also on this PC Photoshop crashes after the processing of about 200 images.

The batch process consists of actions that apply Photoshop color transformations and save the results on the disk. I am not using "external" color transformations.

I have tried to upload the actions on this forum, but it is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines