• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error "Not enough memory (RAM)" while batch processing in Photoshop v21.1.2 running on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have a problem with Photoshop probably related to the RAM. I am trying to run a batch process in Photoshop, that is able to process up about 200 images. After 200 images Photoshop crashes. During one of the many crashes that I had, I saw an error message saying that there was not enough RAM to preview the image. My machine has 32GB of RAM and when I run the batch process only 31% is used. The Photoshop version that I have installed is 21.1.2, and I am using Windows 10.

Simone

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simone,

Sorry that you're getting an error "Could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (RAM)" while batch processing images in Photoshop 21.1.2 on your computer running Windows 10.

Would you mind checking out the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have added OverridePhysicalMemoryMB to the registry but the problem hasn't been resolved.
I have also noticed, that there is also a problem with the Average filter. When I apply it the picture disappears and a uniform gray is displayed.
I am running Photoshop on a computer that I control remotely with TeamViewer, which probably allocates the same resources as Photoshop. I have tried to start Photoshop and then immediately close TeamViewer, but Photoshop still crashes when TeamViewer is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma,
I have tried to do what you recommended me without success. Do you have something elese that I can try to fix the problem?
Regards,
Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3
Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG
Let us know how it goes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried to reset the preferences by pressing and holding Alt+Control+Shift when Photoshop starts. Unfortunately, the problem hasn't been solved. Photoshop still crashes after the batch processing of about 200 images.

I run a batch process that calls some actions that I have created. I have checked the actions without finding any problem. Perhaps there is a problem with them that I don't see.

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash Sharma,
I have tried to do what you recommended me without success. Do you have something else that I can try to fix the problem?
Regards,
Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simone, 

Sorry about the delay in my response. Would you mind creating an Admin user account on your computer as mentioned in this article https://support.microsoft.com/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c and let us know if the app functions in that account?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Sorry for the one year delay in my response, but since I could not find a solution to my problem, I gave up. But now I need to use Photoshop again, and the problem is still present. I have created an Admin account in Windows 10, but I get the same problem. What else could I try?

Regards,

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have installed Photoshop on a second PC and I have run the same batch process. Also on this PC Photoshop crashes after the processing of about 200 images.

The batch process consists of actions that apply Photoshop color transformations and save the results on the disk. I am not using "external" color transformations.

I have tried to upload the actions on this forum, but it is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines