• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error saving any file on any folder or hard drive using Windows and PS 22.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using PS for 20 years.  Not a beginner.  Today I can't save new images on my HP laptop.  It gives an error 'Could not save xxxx.psd because of a program error'.  I have tried rebooting, using internal and external drives.  I can create files and new folders without a problem.

It does not happen on my main desktop PC.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  Thank you  Marilyn

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to my posting - if I use the transform option on any layer contents, I can't save the file.  

Thanks very much  Marilyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same problem, but the program also doesn't allow me to save any files on my Macbook. This happened sporadically a few days ago, but today it won't let me save any of my work. And, of course, I have a massive deadline in two days so I'm not particularly happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, this is a terrible time of the year for this to happen.

Let's hope that it's more widespread, and the kind folk at Adobe see these postings.

Happy Christmas!  M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! Hoping for the best.

Have a merry Christmas you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ladies and gentlemen

As we are all in lockdown over here in the UK, I decided to get to the bottom of this little problem saving images today. I initially started PS with the shift key held down, as that stopped any of my filters from loading. Adobe's help topics pointed me to that approach.  My save problem disappeared. Whoopee.
Finding all the places where my filters were hiding was difficult, but I have done that now.  Some were in 'Common files'.  I am now reloading my filters one by one, testing after each one is loadedd.  So far, so good.
So if you are having random problems like this, perhaps you can try the same solution.  Maybe your filters are not compliant with PS 22.1

Hope you had as a successful Christmas as I had!!  Marilyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines