Highlighted

Every CC application crashes after Catalina 10.15.6 Update

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using Photoshop most of the day, mostly accompanied by InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects. Since my last update to Catalina 10.15.6 I would like to throw the PowerBook out of the window. It always starts with Photoshop after using it for about an hour: It crashes when I either want to close an already saved file or when I want to save it. I can force quit PS, but every other running CC application will follow in the same pattern: I can use them for as long as I don't close or save a file. After force quitting no CC application will launch. It ends in making a whole restart.

I tried almost everything I found online. Nothing really helped. I deleted and reinstalled all CC apps (all latest versions). PRAM reset. First Aid. Cleaning up caches…  Most of the time I open the working files from our server and not locally. 

Any advice besides downgrading to an older OS or throwing my Mac out of the window?

Thanks a lot.

I'm using a quite new 2019 MacBook Pro. (2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB) with tons of free space. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Every CC application crashes after Catalina 10.15.6 Update

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm using Photoshop most of the day, mostly accompanied by InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects. Since my last update to Catalina 10.15.6 I would like to throw the PowerBook out of the window. It always starts with Photoshop after using it for about an hour: It crashes when I either want to close an already saved file or when I want to save it. I can force quit PS, but every other running CC application will follow in the same pattern: I can use them for as long as I don't close or save a file. After force quitting no CC application will launch. It ends in making a whole restart.

I tried almost everything I found online. Nothing really helped. I deleted and reinstalled all CC apps (all latest versions). PRAM reset. First Aid. Cleaning up caches…  Most of the time I open the working files from our server and not locally. 

Any advice besides downgrading to an older OS or throwing my Mac out of the window?

Thanks a lot.

I'm using a quite new 2019 MacBook Pro. (2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB) with tons of free space. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0