Highlighted

Every file becomes grey in Photoshop 2020 on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20200818_180312.jpg

On my old HP laptop all the files look ok. But on my new laptop(Asus Zen book Pro Duo) every file opened in Photoshop is grey (very dark grey, close to black), you can still see the imagine.  They all look normal on preview.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Every file becomes grey in Photoshop 2020 on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20200818_180312.jpg

On my old HP laptop all the files look ok. But on my new laptop(Asus Zen book Pro Duo) every file opened in Photoshop is grey (very dark grey, close to black), you can still see the imagine.  They all look normal on preview.  

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with your files in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which version of Photoshop are you using? Did you start facing this issue after the latest update?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to the Preferences, then Performance. You can also try toggling the option for Legacy Compositing ON/OFF under Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was using Photoshop2020 21.2.1. I just tried what you said but neither of
them working. And so far I tried install all the other version(21.2 -
20.0.10) I can get from Adobe, they all turns every file to grey. Thank you
anyway!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
nikunj.m LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info & we're sorry that the issue persists. Have you checked if you have all available Windows updates installed on the machine? Are these files stored on an external drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0