• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every minute or so the brush stops working and only makes short straight strokes

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

With my new Dell xps I have a problem in photoshop. Whenever I draw with my wacom tablet there is some lag every minute or so. Instead of smooth lines the brush can only make really short straight lines. The problem dissapears when I click outside of photoshop and then go back to photoshop.

I have turned off windows ink and I'm using the code:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

All drivers are up to date as well as photoshop. I also tried it with a previous update of photoshop.

If anyone can help that would be great.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

A lot of people seem to have issues with brush lag on the Dell XPS with Windows 10 1903

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/Brush-strokes-getting-cut-off-at-the-end-but-then-reappeari...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I already knew that particular issue and solved it by going back to the previous windows 10 version. This problem is different and doesn't happen on every stroke I draw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the brush tool

clipboard_image_0.png

If that doesn't help try resetting PS preferences, you may want to backup your settings first

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't think this will help. I tested the tablet on two different laptops and with both I get the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Wacom issue and has nothing to do with Dell. I see it on two Windows machines, an HP and a Lenovo, with different Windows versions (10 and 7) and different Wacom tablets/drivers. I have never had it happen on any Mac though.

I tried getting help from Wacom and they were clueless. It looks like a memory problem, I have to switch to a different app and back sometimes to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's annoying, I'm going to ask it on the wacom forums as well then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines