Highlighted

Every time I open Photoshop CC, my display goes black for a couple seconds

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an issue with Photoshop CC on the latest update. Every time I open Photoshop CC, my entire display shuts off or goes black for a couple seconds then comes back on with Photoshop loaded correctly. It's not a major issue, but it's a little annoying.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. Anyone else experiencing this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by thedigitaldog | Adobe Community Professional

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Every time I open Photoshop CC, my display goes black for a couple seconds

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing an issue with Photoshop CC on the latest update. Every time I open Photoshop CC, my entire display shuts off or goes black for a couple seconds then comes back on with Photoshop loaded correctly. It's not a major issue, but it's a little annoying.

I'm using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with MacOS Catalina 10.15.6. Anyone else experiencing this?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by thedigitaldog | Adobe Community Professional

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thedigitaldog — Disabling the GPU in preferences resovled the issue for me. Thanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0