• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every Tool is Acting as the Move Tool

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I zoom In all my tools act as the zoom tool, I cant use the brush, lasso, crop, nothing as it should. EVERYTHING is working as the move tool and I have a deadline on Monday. This just happened, I've reset all tool, reset my cintiq, wacom pen, restarted my computer and cintiq and nothing changes HELP!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Hi

This issue was fixed by Microsoft in a recent update

More info

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently experiencing the same issue as well, even after the downloading the latest Wacom Driver and installing the new Windows 10 update.

I am unsure if this is a Windows issue or an Adobe Photoshop issue but I am only experiencing this problem while working Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.

All of the other applications seem to be working fine.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Every tool acts like Move Tool, and latency: Intuos Pro for the advice ^^

Check this article out!

Uninstalled the most recent Windows update and KB4089848 (listed under control panel>windows updates>uninstall updates.

No need to install earlier versions of Photoshop, reinstall tablet or reset preferences in PS CC2018.

The issue is finally fixed and the advice works. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find that particular update but i uninstalled the most recent updates and the problem is still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but PS CC is still *usable* if I never press on the keyboard while PS CC is open (If not, I'm sorry about your deadlines). The moment I hit a key - for example in writing this post while having PS CC open in the background - the bug appears again until the program is closed and re-opened without keyboard button presses.

For me it manifests itself as the move tool. I can use the other tools if I draw horizontally for a few centimetres and then don't lift the pen.

Two finger twist rotate shortcut also frequently interrupts the process, even though touch is turned off for me. I am not sure if that's an additional, separate bug or part of the same error.

This also started for me from updating Windows, though I should mention that my Windows 10 version was maybe half a year old. I had a separate problem involving a WiFi card that required the use of an older version of the OS. It ended in the OS roll back corrupting my SSD requiring a full reinstall of Windows... Sort of relevant because that's why I won't roll back Windows anymore unless there's some miraculous guarantee that it will work.

Anyone going back to an older version of Windows: Don't be like me and BACK UP YOUR DATA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm: this bug is also on my laptop (Win10). It seems to be triggered by touch screen shortcuts too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue was fixed by Microsoft in a recent update

More info

Cannot paint with stylus when zoomed in on image | Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me, but I'm on a Mac!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this just happened to me on Mac. Didn't update or anything and was working fine like an hour ago!

macOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Photoshop CC 2018 19.1.4
Wacom Intuos (Driver 3.3.29-6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing an older version of Photoshop but that made no difference. Zooming in and out using the the shortcut keys seems to reset the tools. I'm usingWacom Intuos (Driver 6.3.29-6) Seems to only happen when I'm using layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have got the same problem on Mac. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m also having almost the exact same problem, but I’m using a Mac! Is there a fix for the Mac?? This sounds like Wacom Driver is clashing with OS.

The only temporary fix I have found is to do a “Reset

Settings” under the Backup Settings menu in the Wacom Desktop Center. This resets the Tablet to original settings, but the problem just comes back.

it happens at random times.

Need a permanent fix for the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix lasts only for 5 minutes or so.

Anyone found other solution for Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a fix for this on the mac? It is seriously getting in the way of the workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievable enough, the problem in my case (Cintiq 27, MacOs High Sierra) is totally solved by pressing the SPACE KEY in the keyboard. The end. It only reappears (sometimes) when I  shut down the computer, but again the solution is simply pressing the space key again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem on the mac.

High Sierra

White Lion

Intuos Pro M 6.3.30-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same issue on a MAC and pressing the spacebar does no good. the bove tool just becomes the zooming tool. and no tool works. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem on a mac. I just had to update everything in the wacom desktop center and restart my computer and it started working fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mojave 10.14.6

Intuos Pro Medium 2017

Photoshop 2019 and 2020

After 5 minutes of using photoshop whatever tool I was using became the "move" tool- switched to mouse it was fine - 

I had this problem for 3 days after getting a new imac and installing creative cloud and latest wacom driver. I couldnt find anything on this forum that worked with Mac and spent 2 days with Wacom customer support, even sent them a video of issue happening. They couldn't resolve issue so I tried a combination of different methods they told me.

This worked for me (finally):

COMPLETELY uninstall wacom from your machine: Follow directions of link to the letter.

Manual driver removal: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support?guideTitle=How-do-I-uninstall-(manually)-and-re-install-the-Waco...

then install latest driver:  http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.37-3.dmg

Open photoshop and use. For me issue happened again 😐 - if it does go to PhotoshopCC at top of PS window click:

Preferencences/General then click inside button that reads "Reset Preferences On Quit" then restart your machine.

So far, so good i've been working all day and haven't had the issue. 

HOPE this works for you - I was ready to seek Wacom alternatives - impossible to work.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened on my Mac too. I had to go into preferences and just mess around a bit and then I saved it. Problem solved, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with Windows and everything to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines