• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every versions of photoshop seems to freeze on windows 10

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a lot of problems with the photoshop application recently. I work on a Windows 10 with intel processor and 64-bit operating system. It's been 5 days that photoshop doesn't respond to commands, sometimes I can work a few minutes and then it freeze while other times it doesn't even respond when you open it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall both creative cloud and the application itself, I tried to use versions like 22.3.1 and earlier such as 21.2.7 and 22.1 but all of them seem to have the same problem. The computer and drivers are updated and if I look at task management when the app freezes, according to the computer there is no problem. I don't know what to do anymore

P. S. Sorry for my English 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems to work,I also tried to reset the preferences on quit but nothing makes it start again like Saturday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and HD Space do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) and for the HD: 339 GB free of 456 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try using the Adobe Cleaner Tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines