Everything in Photoshop is black!! The colours, the file, everything! Help!!

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I bought. A new laptop, the Asus Zenbook Pro duo, and when I opened Photoshop the file was black, I couldn't choose any colour because it is all black! Pls help me! 😞

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Everything in Photoshop is black!! The colours, the file, everything! Help!!

Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I bought. A new laptop, the Asus Zenbook Pro duo, and when I opened Photoshop the file was black, I couldn't choose any colour because it is all black! Pls help me! 😞

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 1
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operatong System?  Is it up to date?

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from Asus support or the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't work, try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that before in Windows with a broken monitor profile in the operating system

Try this.

Close Photoshop

In Windows, type "Color Management" into the search box on the windows task bar and then open the Color Management control panel.

Set the default ICC profile for your monitor to sRGB IEC61966-2.1

Open Photoshop

If that restores color then you really need to create a monitor profile that actually describes your monitor, using a calibration device such as the i1Display or similar

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 2