• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everything in shades of grey

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the colors on my photoshop are just shades of dark grey. I have done suggestions on how to fix it but nothing has worked. I have even reinstalled it but still black. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see a screenshot. Don't attach; insert it in your post.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-12-26 183927.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the Gradient tool, and both your foreground and background colors are black. We can't see your Layers and Channels panels, but if you were trying to create a gradient, you need two different colors. "D" will reset to the defaults of black and white, or you can choose others.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but I haven't chosen any colors, everything is in black. Even when I write colors in numbers they turn black. Even ffffff is black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's most likely a defective monitor profile. Replace your current monitor profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1. It won't be entirely accurate, but better than a broken profile. The proper way to deal with it is to use a calibrator. Relaunch PS when done, it loads the profile at application startup.

Displayprofile_20_3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I changed the setting but still have the same problem. Forgot to mention that it is only PS, the other Adobe programs are working great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it again with a reinstalled photoshop and it worked this time! Thank you D Fosse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines