• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Everytime there is a Photoshop update, my Pixelsquid plugin will not work.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to re-install it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Pixelsquid may not be keeping up with the Adobe updates. Please check with them. If this is an essential plugin for you, I suggest holding off on updating PS until Pixelsquid tells you they're prepared.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still an issue - with Ps 2023 (rel. 24.6) - Win 11.

I've contacted PixelSquid & even recorded & sent their Support folks display videos of it not working in Ps (I'm trying to use the PixelSquid plugin).

They just write back and say their product is supposed to work in a way that it should not (ie, they keep insisting that users shouldn't be able to adjust the spin/rotation of a 3D object once it's added as a .png to a Ps layer stack). Of course that's wrong. The whole idea is to be able to rotate the object to fit the scene of a composite once it's added. But, FYI, their devs don't seem to be addressing the compatibility issues with Photoshop. Which - yes - is their problem and not Adobe's, except that Adobe provides access to the PixelSquid extension thru it's marketplace (where PixelSquid now has a substantial number of 1-star ratings b/c of non-working). Given they're charging $200 for the product it's a definite 'buyer beware' situation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines