• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EXIF issues with new release

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since downloading the latest release, EXIF data will only save as a side car file, not to the original file as in the past.  Any ideas?  in the past the EXIF data that would be added either in Bridge or Photoshop would write to the original RAW file, no it doesn't, only as a side car file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true. EXIF is always saved to the file.

What are you adding that you think should be included in the EXIF data?

XMP sidecar files have been uised for years for saving edits and other data added to RAW files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps your issue is to do with the recent deprecation of the Camera Raw database.

"The option to choose Camera Raw database to save image settings is deprecated. Image settings are now stored in XMP sidecar files or within DNGs. You can view the DNG settings under File Handling in Camera Raw Preferences."

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/user-interface-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael Bullo, It looks like this is the reason for my issue.  this doubles my workflow time since I need to add all the information to each file before I save it after I edit it, where as in the past I could write the info to all the Raw files in one batch process and not have to worry about doubling the number of files, this is the same issue with DNG.

Thanks's for shedding light on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Happy to help.

It is possible to simultaneously open multiple RAW files, make changes to one of those files and then synchronise those changes across all of the other files. Could this functionality help you out? Bridge may be the best place from which to open the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines