• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

¨Export As¨ does not work saving either 2-Up or 4-Up Quality Anymore in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I am trying to see if someone else has the same problem I do.

I am using the latest version of Photoshop CC, constantly making the updates from Creative Cloud and since yesterday I am having this problem and I really do not know how to solve it. It´s the first time it´s happening for me. 

When trying to ¨Export As¨ my work created in Photoshop, on this case a simple banner design, I am trying to export it as a bigger quality ¨2-Up¨ and everything goes well showing me the file will be ¨6.79M¨ which is what I want. After saving and checking the exported file the size does not match and I am constantly seeing it in 218MB. Which is lowest than it showed me before. 

I tried it with Export As, Save As, tried saving it at 2-Up, then 4-Up - saved it as JPEG then as PNG and everything goes well inside Photoshop but whenever I check the file in my computer it was saved as much lower than it supposed to. I am attaching you a print screen on how it shows before saving and then what the file is after saving. Anyone else has this problem before? I would definitely appreciate any kind of suggestion and help as this is the first time this is happening for me and I am not sure on how to solve it. 

I even uninstalled Photoshop CC from my computer and installed it again in the hope that this will be solved and it is from my end, but it is the same as before. Restarted my computer, checked for Windows updates and made sure I am up to date from my end, but the problem is persisting. 

Thank you very much for taking time to read this! I appreciate it! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing freshly installed 22.2 and it seems there are some problems starting wit File > New dialogue.

For all things weird in Photoshop  general advice is to reset preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Otherwise you can instal/use previous version if problem still persist. Previous version does not have above mentioned problems, just tested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković  Just tried what you said with resetting the preferences and it was the same.

Then I went in and installed an older version, picked randomly the 22.0 one and the problem is still here. What previous version did you tried and it worked? I can try the exact one and check that too if you tell me the number. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 21.2.4 previously and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bojan Živković Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if there is a way to see even more behind? Seems that I currently see as last only the 21.2.5 one (attaching a print screen of what I see)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be ok, I have one not installed update available: 21.2.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still not works for me unfortunately with any of the previous versions. Thanks for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe what your seeing is result of the compression used in both jpeg and png files when saved with photoshop, so naturally the file sizes will be at times substantially smaller than the original psd file.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/file-formats.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/saving-files-graphics-formats.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff is right. Those numbers check out very well for a jpeg saved out from a psd, whatever the method.

Jpeg compression is incredibly effective, and the file can end up at 2-5% of original file size with little immediate visible impact (as long as you don't start looking closer). The main problem with jpeg is that degradation is non-reversible and cumulative.

PNG compression isn't quite as effective, but on the other hand it's not destructive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jeff! Thank you very much for taking time to read about my problem. What happens here is that 2 days ago everything was fine, exporting it either JPEG or PNG worked fine exporting it as the biggest quality size that was written before pressing ¨Export¨ but then this latest Adobe Version appears, I am updating it so I can be up to date and since then everything goes bad. It´s like the update ruined the whole process that I had before and now even if I go back and try to install any of the previous versions, my problem persists. 

It´s not like this was since ever, everything was fine before and I was not sure if I did something wrong or it might be from the new update itself considering it is the first time I go through this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines