• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export As... options don't give ability to use "Preserve Details 2.0" on export

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I try my best to not hurt my source files, and if I use upscale or downscale algorithms I would use it on an export, and not a source file resize.

Currently the Image > Image Size > Resample allows you to make use of "Preserve Details (Enlargement)" and "Preserve Details 2.0", as well as other options.

However the File > Export > Export As... options for resampling seem to exclude this option, are there any reasons why my PS would be excluding this, and allow me to add it in?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

For now i guess you'll have to resize the image using Image>Image Size then go to Export As.

I'm just a user the same as you, so i don't know the details of what Preserve Details Export As uses, but i'm guessing it's not Preserve Details 2 since that's still in testing, hence one having to enable it in the Technology Previews Preferences.

You can make a feature request over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop cc 2019 there is a Preserve Details in the Export As dialog though it doesn't specify what version

it is like in the Image Size dialog.

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

pd.jpg

You can also just resize the image using Image Size and as long as you don't save over

your original after doing the resize your not changing the "Source File".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an up to date copy of Photoshop CC

Your screenshot only shows Preserve Details, and not Preserve Details 2.0 unfortunately.

The 2 algorithms have differences and I wish to export with 2.0 functionality at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For now i guess you'll have to resize the image using Image>Image Size then go to Export As.

I'm just a user the same as you, so i don't know the details of what Preserve Details Export As uses, but i'm guessing it's not Preserve Details 2 since that's still in testing, hence one having to enable it in the Technology Previews Preferences.

You can make a feature request over here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines