Highlighted

Export error "Disk is full" in Photoshop on iMac 5K

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i bought a brand new imac 5k, 27 inches, 3,6Ghz, i9, 2TB ssd, etc.

I used my time machine from my old macbook pro, and set my new imac exactly as my previous macbook pro.

Everything is working well ecxept for this detail. Once in a while when i'm exporting my projects from photoshop it doesn't allow me to do it with the message "Disk is full". I have 1,5TB of free space on my imac. I just bought it. 

This message don't appear all the time but 1 or 2 times in a day wich is very annoying. If i force it it eventually let me export after 3 or 4 times forcing it. It's ridiculous. I heard this happens with macs. Never happened to me in my macbook pro.

If anyone have a fix for this i would very much appreciated it.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Gonçalo

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export error "Disk is full" in Photoshop on iMac 5K

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i bought a brand new imac 5k, 27 inches, 3,6Ghz, i9, 2TB ssd, etc.

I used my time machine from my old macbook pro, and set my new imac exactly as my previous macbook pro.

Everything is working well ecxept for this detail. Once in a while when i'm exporting my projects from photoshop it doesn't allow me to do it with the message "Disk is full". I have 1,5TB of free space on my imac. I just bought it. 

This message don't appear all the time but 1 or 2 times in a day wich is very annoying. If i force it it eventually let me export after 3 or 4 times forcing it. It's ridiculous. I heard this happens with macs. Never happened to me in my macbook pro.

If anyone have a fix for this i would very much appreciated it.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,

Gonçalo

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Goncalo,

Sorry that you're getting an error that says your disk is full while exporting from Photoshop on your iMac.

Which exact version of Photoshop are you using?

Would you mind checking the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/scratch-disks-preferences.html#Troubleshootscratchdiskfuller... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the help. Just one question, when i do command+option to tweak or add new scratch disk it doesn't allow me to choose another. The only option is what appears natively and is "non editable" (see the attach image)Captura de ecrã 2020-08-06, às 12.43.55.png

This could be a good idea to solve the problem, because i have a suspition that since i backed up my old macbook pro from the time machine, i have a suspition that my new imac is confused and it's assuming that it is the mac book pro, and have only 500gb memory and not the 2TB the new imac has. changing the destination could be a great idea to solve this imac "confusion".

But i'm not getting how to do it.

Thanx very much any way

GF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have multiple drives or disk partitions on your computer?

If you only have one 2 TB drive showing up in the scratch disk preferences, try restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G

You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D 

Thanks, 

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines