Highlighted

Export for Web (Legacy) won't let me save as a JPEG in Photoshop CC (19.1.9)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to use Export for Web (Legacy) in Photoshop CC version 19.1.9...On an iMac (OSX El Capitan), if that's helpful to know.

It worked fine the last time I tried. It seems like everything is set up the way it always is, but then when I go to save, the next window that pops up only offers file types: HTML and Image, Images Only or HTML Only. This is where I would ordinarly have JPEG as an option (If I remember correctly). I tried resetting preferences with no luck. Looks like I can do "Export As" instead, but wondering how to get the other option working again. Is there any benefit to one over the other?

I've attached screen shots of the two windows that I'm talking about. Hopefully they are self-explanatory and helpful.

I appreciate any help out there. I'm giving up for now. Tomorrow is a new and hopefully better day.

Thanks,

DavidScreen Shot 2020-01-26 at 2.10.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-26 at 2.10.49 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export for Web (Legacy) won't let me save as a JPEG in Photoshop CC (19.1.9)

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to use Export for Web (Legacy) in Photoshop CC version 19.1.9...On an iMac (OSX El Capitan), if that's helpful to know.

It worked fine the last time I tried. It seems like everything is set up the way it always is, but then when I go to save, the next window that pops up only offers file types: HTML and Image, Images Only or HTML Only. This is where I would ordinarly have JPEG as an option (If I remember correctly). I tried resetting preferences with no luck. Looks like I can do "Export As" instead, but wondering how to get the other option working again. Is there any benefit to one over the other?

I've attached screen shots of the two windows that I'm talking about. Hopefully they are self-explanatory and helpful.

I appreciate any help out there. I'm giving up for now. Tomorrow is a new and hopefully better day.

Thanks,

DavidScreen Shot 2020-01-26 at 2.10.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-26 at 2.10.49 PM.png

TOPICS
Import and export, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Images Only. The selection of file format (JPEG, GIF or PNG) has already been made in the Save For Web dialog and can't be changed in the Save As dialog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked out.

I feel so dumb. I could have sworn that even though I select the file type in the first screen, I remembered (incorrectly, obviously) that you have to pick it again.

I appreciate the quick response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howcome this is not working for me?

Even if I choose the "Images Only" from the dropdown, it won't save the files at all.

And this error message pops up.error.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0