Export Gif as web with actions it keeps saving the same file

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export Gif as a web with actions it keeps saving the same file. 

How do I set it up correctly so it saves in different files every time when I batch?

It keeps saving replacing the same file over and over when batching.

The override saves as the function doesn't work for export files it seems.

Is there anyway to get this to work?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If these are static GIF files and not animated, then you could try Image Processor Pro to save the GIF files:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/Image%20Processor%20Pro/v3_2%20betas/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the File > Automate > Batch command? If so, there is a whole Destination section which can control Saving, Closing and Overriding Save As Commands.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, but export is not covered by the override save as option.

I'm wondering if adding a sequential number in the batch option would help, however, considering how good IPP is I rarely use the batch command.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try re-recording the export save for web step and do not set a file Name in the save dialog. Let Photoshop default the file name to the current document name. There is much recorded in an export save for web action step.  Here I recorded two in a row One like you want the action toe one, The other the way you recorder the action. Because of how complex save for wen is I only show a small important part of the steps where the file name gets involved in the step.  Path the file name. So you can see the difference I show the action in side by side views 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines