Highlighted

Export layers

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After a bit of advice please? 
I have a document with a number of layers. In the layers panel I know I can highlight all the layers and select Export As, and it allows me to export all layers to separate files, as well as being able to specify different sizes, file format and compression. Very cool.

But in my document I've got images of cars on each layer, and then an effect on top of them, a pattern and vignette. Is there a way to still use a bulk export, with the same options as above, but to have the effect applied to each exported file. If that makes sense.

Thank in advance.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export layers

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After a bit of advice please? 
I have a document with a number of layers. In the layers panel I know I can highlight all the layers and select Export As, and it allows me to export all layers to separate files, as well as being able to specify different sizes, file format and compression. Very cool.

But in my document I've got images of cars on each layer, and then an effect on top of them, a pattern and vignette. Is there a way to still use a bulk export, with the same options as above, but to have the effect applied to each exported file. If that makes sense.

Thank in advance.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. 

You could either create a Script or plugin to do that or, probably easier, export the Layers and then have an Action apply the »watermarking« or whatever to the resulting files via Batch, Droplet, Image Processing …

But as usual: Actually showing the images in question (and their Layer structure) might have helped get more pertinent advice. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite right. My bad.

These are the layers 

layers.jpg

With the overlay effect in the overlay folder

overlay.jpg

Image with the effect

with-overlay.jpg

And without

home-page-slides.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the Layers in the Overlay all have the Blend Mode »Normal«? 

If so you could consolidate them into one object and place that on the individual images automatically fairly easily. 

What are your output needs? File Formats, sizes, …? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to output as .jpg with about 80% compressions in 4 different sizes. Full, 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I think saving out the images with the effect via a Script and afterwards using Image Processor Pro to create the downsampled copies would seem a fairly easy solution. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a plan to me 🙂

Thanks for you advice. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a Script on 
that should work to export the copies with fixed elements if you »inverted« the Layer order – all the permanet Layers outside the Group, all the Layers that are supposed to change in one Group. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines