• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export text layers as .svg

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photopea.com is an in-browser freeware tool and I'm currently using it regularly because the state-of-the-art software Photoshop seems to be lacking a seemingly simple option, that photopea has!

All I want is to be able to export a text-layer / vector as vector (e.g. .svg). I know the historic reasons and that Illustrator is what I should be using but it would make my workflow so much easier and if photopea can do it with a simple "export as" why can't photoshop do it as well? I'm not going to install Illustrator for something that I can do in a browser but it is a bit frustrating.

If there is a simple way to do it I'd be happy to learn about it. If it's complicated please add that feature Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

I just create a text and shape layer Photoshop document and  exported it as an SVG and in the SVG file I see this:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="700" height="500" viewBox="0 0 700 500">
  <defs>
    <style>
      .cls-1 {
        font-size: 138.889px;
        font-family: Tahoma;
        font-weight: 700;
      }

.cls-2 {
        stroke: red;
        stroke-width: 4.01px;
        fill-rule: evenodd;
      }
    </style>
  </defs>
  <text id="Text" class="cls-1" x="106" 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just create a text and shape layer Photoshop document and  exported it as an SVG and in the SVG file I see this:

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="700" height="500" viewBox="0 0 700 500">
  <defs>
    <style>
      .cls-1 {
        font-size: 138.889px;
        font-family: Tahoma;
        font-weight: 700;
      }

.cls-2 {
        stroke: red;
        stroke-width: 4.01px;
        fill-rule: evenodd;
      }
    </style>
  </defs>
  <text id="Text" class="cls-1" x="106" y="267">Text</text>
  <path id="Rounded_Rectangle_1" data-name="Rounded Rectangle 1" class="cls-2" d="M148,318H371a40,40,0,0,1,40,40v57a40,40,0,0,1-40,40H148a40,40,0,0,1-40-40V358A40,40,0,0,1,148,318Z"/>
</svg>

When I have Chrome open it chrome displayed this:

image.png

IMO Photoshop exported a vector file an there is not Raster layer in that the vector file.  Are you expecting Path and fills for text?  Photoshop can not edit vector files it can only import these as a single raster layer or they can be place is as vector smart object layer.  So vector files in  photoshop are single Photoshop layers.  The  SVG File exported by Photoshop its a text file that describe text layers, vectors layers  and I'm sure will also describe  raster image information. I would not expect them to match a SVG file that Illustrator may create.  Illustrator is a vector editor. Photoshop is not it only has some basic vector support.

Here is Photoshop display there] are no Paths for text:

image.png

Photopea does have a raster layer to simplified vector layer that Photoshop not.   Adobe knows you can not vectorize a Photo. Perhaps when Photoshop get ported to a quantum computer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines