• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a frame animation troubles

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a frame animation in photoshop although when I try to export it as a GIF it exports as a still image being displayed for the same length of time as my animation would run for, so then when I try to convert it from GIF to MP4 it doesn't work. How cam I fix this?

[Moved by moderator from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Photoshop for technical help]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

How are you exporting to GIF?

Did you use Save for Web and did it show all frames in the dialogue box - see below :

One other question -

If your aim is to make an MP4 - why not just convert to video timeline then Render Video rather than use GIF as an intermediate step?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you exporting to GIF?

Did you use Save for Web and did it show all frames in the dialogue box - see below :

One other question -

If your aim is to make an MP4 - why not just convert to video timeline then Render Video rather than use GIF as an intermediate step?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it play OK in the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem.... my animation even on a timelime do not play. Maybe you would advice how to deal with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be better if you start a new thread.  A lot of the forum regulars will ignore this thread as it has a correct answer, and your issue is likely to be different to the person who started this thread.

So give us as much information as you can.

What Photoshop version you are using?

What operating system?

Is it a video or frameanimation in the timeline?

How did you make the animation?  i.e. does it a frame for each layer?

Exactly what seems to be happening, and if you are seeing any error messages?

What would be helpful in this case would be a screenshot of your entire workspace.  Don't downsize it.  Paste it into your thread at full resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines