Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting files from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This has been going on for a while now.  I've searched for other references to this problem, but it's hard to reduce the description of the issue to a simple search phrase.

When I use "command-e" to export a file from Lightroom classic to Photoshop, the new image file opens behind all previously opened documents.  It is the "active" document, meaning it receives any adjustments made, but I have to manually bring it to the front to see it.  Anyway of doing that works, but it is kind of annoying.

I'm using Ps v22.3.1 and Lr v10.2.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi there, 

Sorry that Lightroom 10.2 is not exporting your images to Photoshop properly as it keeps the previous image in the memory.

Does other "Edit in" in Lightroom you selecting while sending images to Photoshop works as expected other than "Edit as Smart Object"? Options you'll see are:

• Edit A Copy With Lightroom Classic Adjustments
  • Edit A Copy
  • Edit Original

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry that Lightroom 10.2 is not exporting your images to Photoshop properly as it keeps the previous image in the memory.

Does other "Edit in" in Lightroom you selecting while sending images to Photoshop works as expected other than "Edit as Smart Object"? Options you'll see are:

• Edit A Copy With Lightroom Classic Adjustments
  • Edit A Copy
  • Edit Original

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

You may checkout the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html 

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Were you able to resolve the export issue from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop? We released Lightroom Classic 10.3 and Photoshop 22.4.2 updates this week. Please update both the applications to their latest version and check if that helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes, update first.

Please provide more info: do you have tabbed documents or floating ones in Photoshop; is overscroll on in the preferences?

In which screen mode are you? (F key to switch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got this fixed. It was an ACR issue. I was able to reinstall it and it fixed the issue right away. FINALLY seemed to have gotten this issue figured out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines